UP to distribute ex-gratia to Uttarakhand tragedy victims` kin soon
Lucknow: Distribution of ex-gratia to the kin of 948 persons belonging to Uttar Pradesh who lost their lives in the last year`s Uttarakhand tragedy would commence soon.
The process of distribution of death certificates and gazette notification of these 948 persons who died in the Uttarakhand tragedy has been completed, and now distribution of Rs 5.50 lakh each as ex-gratia would start soon, Home Secretary Sanjay Prasad said.
This amount includes Rs 2 lakh each from the Prime Minister and Chief Minister`s relief funds, besides Rs 1.50 lakh from the National Disaster Relief Fund, he said.
A total of 1,150 people from Uttar Pradesh had gone missing in the tragedy, he said, adding that the investigation into the fate of 202 others was being conducted by the Uttarakhand government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state