UP to distribute ex-gratia to Uttarakhand tragedy victims` kin soon
Lucknow: Distribution of ex-gratia to the kin of 948 persons belonging to Uttar Pradesh who lost their lives in the last year`s Uttarakhand tragedy would commence soon.
The process of distribution of death certificates and gazette notification of these 948 persons who died in the Uttarakhand tragedy has been completed, and now distribution of Rs 5.50 lakh each as ex-gratia would start soon, Home Secretary Sanjay Prasad said.
This amount includes Rs 2 lakh each from the Prime Minister and Chief Minister`s relief funds, besides Rs 1.50 lakh from the National Disaster Relief Fund, he said.
A total of 1,150 people from Uttar Pradesh had gone missing in the tragedy, he said, adding that the investigation into the fate of 202 others was being conducted by the Uttarakhand government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Woman gang-raped, attacked with acid in Kanpur
- Gurgaon police launch operation "Romeo Returns", catch 50 men
- Hafiz Saeed threatens to separate Mumbai from India
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- Gold rebounds on jewellers' buying, silver jumps Rs 280/kg
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni advances to main draw
- Subramaian Swamy targets GST Network again; will write to Amit Shah, BJP CMs
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: As it happened...
- Pak provokes India again, PM Nawaz Sharif to send MPs abroad to highlight Kashmir issue