UP to distribute ex-gratia to Uttarakhand tragedy victims` kin soon
Lucknow: Distribution of ex-gratia to the kin of 948 persons belonging to Uttar Pradesh who lost their lives in the last year`s Uttarakhand tragedy would commence soon.
The process of distribution of death certificates and gazette notification of these 948 persons who died in the Uttarakhand tragedy has been completed, and now distribution of Rs 5.50 lakh each as ex-gratia would start soon, Home Secretary Sanjay Prasad said.
This amount includes Rs 2 lakh each from the Prime Minister and Chief Minister`s relief funds, besides Rs 1.50 lakh from the National Disaster Relief Fund, he said.
A total of 1,150 people from Uttar Pradesh had gone missing in the tragedy, he said, adding that the investigation into the fate of 202 others was being conducted by the Uttarakhand government.
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court