UP to expedite implementation of new industrial policy
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has directed various departments to expedite the implementation of the new industrial policy.
The Infrastructure and Industrial Investment Promotion Policy 2012 was announced earlier this month.
"Proper implementation of provisions in the policy is a must for achieving the objective of the policy to make Uttar Pradesh the preferred destination for investment resulting in economic growth and employment generation," Chief Secretary Jawed Usmani told a meeting of senior officials Thursday.
"The new policy has the potential of being a `game-changer` for the state and has elicited tremendous response from industrial associations and business houses from within the country and abroad," said Infrastructure and Industrial Development Commissioner (IIDC) Anil K Gupta.
According to officials, total 64 government orders, notifications or amendments in rules and regulations or acts are to be issued by 26 departments in a month`s time.
The list of departments mainly includes commercial tax, stamp and registration, small industries, tourism, labour, irrigation and ground water, energy, home, vocational training, technical education, agriculture marketing, infrastructure and industrial development, transport, hand-loom and power-loom, food processing, information technology, sugar and revenue, among others.
The state cabinet had granted its approval to the draft policy earlier this month.
The new policy includes a range of facilities and incentives to encourage infrastructure and industrial development.
To ensure regional balance, attractive incentives have been provided in central and eastern parts of the state and in Bundelkhand in Madhya Pradesh.
The policy aims to attain the target of 11.2 per cent industrial growth in Uttar Pradesh and to achieve this along with financial subsidies and exemptions, strategy for improving industrial environment and infrastructure, capacity and skill development provisions have been included.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state