UP to file SLP in SC against court order on Shahuji district
Lucknow: UP Government will file a special leave petition (SLP) in the Supreme Court against the order of the Allahabad High Court staying the restoration of Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Nagar, carved out of Amethi Lok Sabha constituency represented by Congress leader Rahul Gandhi.
An official spokesman here said last night that the government has decided to file the SLP in the apex court against the order which stayed till March 31 next year restoration of the district, named after Dalit icon Shahuji Maharaj.
The court stayed the operation, implementation and execution of a notification of July 1 this year issued by Uttar Pradesh government restoring Chatrapati Shahuji Maharaj
Nagar district till further orders of the court or till March 31, 2011, whichever is earlier.
The Chatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Nagar district comprised five tehsils of Sultanpur and Rae Bareli districts which form part of Amethi constituency.
Mayawati as Chief Minister had ordered formation of Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Nagar district on May 21, 2003 but following a change of guard her arch political rival Mulayam Singh Yadav scrapped it on November 23 the same year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145