UP to file SLP in SC against court order on Shahuji district
Lucknow: UP Government will file a special leave petition (SLP) in the Supreme Court against the order of the Allahabad High Court staying the restoration of Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Nagar, carved out of Amethi Lok Sabha constituency represented by Congress leader Rahul Gandhi.
An official spokesman here said last night that the government has decided to file the SLP in the apex court against the order which stayed till March 31 next year restoration of the district, named after Dalit icon Shahuji Maharaj.
The court stayed the operation, implementation and execution of a notification of July 1 this year issued by Uttar Pradesh government restoring Chatrapati Shahuji Maharaj
Nagar district till further orders of the court or till March 31, 2011, whichever is earlier.
The Chatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Nagar district comprised five tehsils of Sultanpur and Rae Bareli districts which form part of Amethi constituency.
Mayawati as Chief Minister had ordered formation of Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Nagar district on May 21, 2003 but following a change of guard her arch political rival Mulayam Singh Yadav scrapped it on November 23 the same year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi