UP to file SLP in SC against court order on Shahuji district
Lucknow: UP Government will file a special leave petition (SLP) in the Supreme Court against the order of the Allahabad High Court staying the restoration of Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Nagar, carved out of Amethi Lok Sabha constituency represented by Congress leader Rahul Gandhi.
An official spokesman here said last night that the government has decided to file the SLP in the apex court against the order which stayed till March 31 next year restoration of the district, named after Dalit icon Shahuji Maharaj.
The court stayed the operation, implementation and execution of a notification of July 1 this year issued by Uttar Pradesh government restoring Chatrapati Shahuji Maharaj
Nagar district till further orders of the court or till March 31, 2011, whichever is earlier.
The Chatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Nagar district comprised five tehsils of Sultanpur and Rae Bareli districts which form part of Amethi constituency.
Mayawati as Chief Minister had ordered formation of Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Nagar district on May 21, 2003 but following a change of guard her arch political rival Mulayam Singh Yadav scrapped it on November 23 the same year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow