UP to have handicrafts, artisans policy
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government will soon be announcing a policy for handicrafts and artisans, an official said on Monday.
Emphasising on the need to encourage, promote and provide marketing opportunities to the craftsmen in the state, Industrial and Infra Development Commissioner (IIDC) Alok Ranjan said the state government was mulling on a policy for handicrafts and artisans.
"The policy is likely to be out within the next three months," he added.
The official also urged the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) to collaborate with the UP government to form sector specific skill councils.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan