UP to have handicrafts, artisans policy
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government will soon be announcing a policy for handicrafts and artisans, an official said on Monday.
Emphasising on the need to encourage, promote and provide marketing opportunities to the craftsmen in the state, Industrial and Infra Development Commissioner (IIDC) Alok Ranjan said the state government was mulling on a policy for handicrafts and artisans.
"The policy is likely to be out within the next three months," he added.
The official also urged the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) to collaborate with the UP government to form sector specific skill councils.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?