UP to have handicrafts, artisans policy
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government will soon be announcing a policy for handicrafts and artisans, an official said on Monday.
Emphasising on the need to encourage, promote and provide marketing opportunities to the craftsmen in the state, Industrial and Infra Development Commissioner (IIDC) Alok Ranjan said the state government was mulling on a policy for handicrafts and artisans.
"The policy is likely to be out within the next three months," he added.
The official also urged the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) to collaborate with the UP government to form sector specific skill councils.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees