UP to have new policy for CMO appointment: state govt to HC
Allahabad: A new policy for posting of
Chief Medical Officers across Uttar Pradesh and Chief Medical
Superintendents at government hospitals will be formulated
"very soon", the state government told the Allahabad High
Court on Friday.
The submission was made by the state`s Principal
Secretary (Medical and Health), Nita Chaudhari, before a
division bench comprising Justice Amitava Lala and Justice
She also said a draft of the new policy could be placed
before the court by April 29, following which the court
deferred hearing on the matter till that date.
The court was hearing a writ petition filed by one Lallan
Prasad who had alleged that there was no proper policy for
postings of CMOs and CMSes as a result of which doctors often
ended up working under their juniors.
On April 18 last, the court had expressed displeasure
over an application for seeking more time to file an affidavit
in this regard being moved by a junior officer instead of the
Principal Secretary who was asked to appear in person on April
The court had, among other things, sought to know why the
departments of Health and Family Welfare had been separated
and what were the functions of the respective Chief Medical
Officers appointed by the two departments in districts across
The posts of CMO (Family Welfare) were, however,
abolished on April 7 shortly after the state was rocked by the
murder of an official holding the post at Lucknow, barely six
months after his predecessor had been killed in a similar
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!