UP to host international summit from January 27
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh is going to host a three-day international `Partnership Summit 2013` at Agra from January 27.
"This year the theme of the summit will be `Global partnerships for enduring growth`. The flagship international event of CII is held every year in association with central Ministry of commerce and industry," Infrastructure and Industrial Development Commissioner (IIDC) Anil Kumar Gupta told reporters here.
Overseas ministers along with business delegations from US, Japan, Australia, Canada, Russia, Spain and host of other countries from across the world and high-level delegation of the state government will participate in the summit, he said.
At the summit, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav will chair special session on `Uttar Pradesh-the land of opportunities` on January 28 and is also expected to unveil various industry and investment friendly policies as a package during the event, he said.
"The occasion will be utilised to showcase state`s resources, new enterprise and economy enabling policies ushered in by the state government to woo investors", he said.
Past chairman CII Kiron Chopra said that besides inaugural session, seven plenary sessions will be held during the summit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand