UP to host international summit from January 27
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh is going to host a three-day international `Partnership Summit 2013` at Agra from January 27.
"This year the theme of the summit will be `Global partnerships for enduring growth`. The flagship international event of CII is held every year in association with central Ministry of commerce and industry," Infrastructure and Industrial Development Commissioner (IIDC) Anil Kumar Gupta told reporters here.
Overseas ministers along with business delegations from US, Japan, Australia, Canada, Russia, Spain and host of other countries from across the world and high-level delegation of the state government will participate in the summit, he said.
At the summit, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav will chair special session on `Uttar Pradesh-the land of opportunities` on January 28 and is also expected to unveil various industry and investment friendly policies as a package during the event, he said.
"The occasion will be utilised to showcase state`s resources, new enterprise and economy enabling policies ushered in by the state government to woo investors", he said.
Past chairman CII Kiron Chopra said that besides inaugural session, seven plenary sessions will be held during the summit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1