UP to provide financial aid of Rs 20K to kin of hooch victims
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government has announced a financial assistance of Rs 20,000 to the kin of those who died in the illicit hooch tragedy last week.
The Rs 20,000 assistance will be given to the kin of victims living below poverty line under the family welfare scheme, IG (Crime) Ashish Gupta told reporters.
He also said the distribution process of rupees five lakh financial assistance to the kin of those farmers who died in the tragedy and have been covered under Farmers Insurance Scheme, has started.
At least 39 persons died and several others were taken ill after consuming spurious liquor in several villages of Mubarakpur area in Azamgarh district last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed