UP to provide financial aid of Rs 20K to kin of hooch victims
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government has announced a financial assistance of Rs 20,000 to the kin of those who died in the illicit hooch tragedy last week.
The Rs 20,000 assistance will be given to the kin of victims living below poverty line under the family welfare scheme, IG (Crime) Ashish Gupta told reporters.
He also said the distribution process of rupees five lakh financial assistance to the kin of those farmers who died in the tragedy and have been covered under Farmers Insurance Scheme, has started.
At least 39 persons died and several others were taken ill after consuming spurious liquor in several villages of Mubarakpur area in Azamgarh district last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali