UP to recruit 40,000 sanitation workers: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Tuesday announced to recruit 40 thousand sanitation workers and constitute a high-power committee to look into their problems.
Yadav made these announcements while addressing a "Safai Mazdoor" rally here.
"We will recruit 40 thousand sanitation workers and Rs five lakh compensation be provided to their family members in case of their death. Besides, honorarium to contractual sanitation staff will be raised from Rs 120 to Rs 250", Yadav said while announcing constitution of a "high-power" committee to look into their problems.
"The state government will act on the recommendations of the committee and ensure better life to sanitation workers", he said.
Yadav said the importance of sanitation workers had increased with rapid urbanisation.
On electronic waste in Moradabad, Yadav said that it would make adverse affect on people as well as cleaning staff and it would be looked into seriously.
Addressing the gathering, party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav said that Valmiki community associated with the cleaning work was once considered at lower level but it was not so now.
"The community has awakened politically and its importance has increased", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack