UP to recruit 40,000 sanitation workers: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Tuesday announced to recruit 40 thousand sanitation workers and constitute a high-power committee to look into their problems.
Yadav made these announcements while addressing a "Safai Mazdoor" rally here.
"We will recruit 40 thousand sanitation workers and Rs five lakh compensation be provided to their family members in case of their death. Besides, honorarium to contractual sanitation staff will be raised from Rs 120 to Rs 250", Yadav said while announcing constitution of a "high-power" committee to look into their problems.
"The state government will act on the recommendations of the committee and ensure better life to sanitation workers", he said.
Yadav said the importance of sanitation workers had increased with rapid urbanisation.
On electronic waste in Moradabad, Yadav said that it would make adverse affect on people as well as cleaning staff and it would be looked into seriously.
Addressing the gathering, party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav said that Valmiki community associated with the cleaning work was once considered at lower level but it was not so now.
"The community has awakened politically and its importance has increased", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Hiring in FY'17 may be lower: NASSCOM
- '27 saal UP behaal': Congress announces 3-day bus yatra from Delhi to Kanpur
- Pacts to maintain peace along Indo-China border must be respected: Beijing
- Police in Florida shoot black man lying on ground
- 122 pilots failed alcohol tests between 2013 and June 2016:Government