UP to transfer five medical colleges to private sector
Lucknow: Five state-owned government medical
colleges in Uttar Pradesh will be transferred to the private
sector on Public Private Partnership (PPP) model.
"Five medical colleges for which bids have been invited
from private parties include Jalaun, Azamgarh, Saharanpur,
Banda and Kannauj," official sources said here.
The officials said that nine private parties have
submitted Request for Qualification for three colleges.
"A maximum of six bids have been received for Kaunnauj
medical college," they said.
Private players who have submitted their bids include
DS Health (Kolkata), Pushpanjali Association (Agra), Dr
Atul Krishna (Meerut) Era Education Trust, Gold Rush and Hind
Educational Trust (Lucknow).
"No bid has been received for Azamgarh and Banda medical
colleges and paramedical college at Sefai. Therefore RFQ dates
for these institutions has been extended upto September 15,"
The bids will now be examined by CRISIL which has been
engaged by the government as consultant after which Request
for permission will be invited, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof