UP: Two sentenced to 12 years in jail in gangrape case
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has
sentenced two youths to 12 years of imprisonment forgangraping a girl.
Additional Sessions Judge Ghanshyam Pathak yesterday
also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of the accused
Surendra and Rajesh after holding them guilty of gangraping
the 16-year-old girl.
According to prosecution, Surendra had eloped with the
girl and later gangraped her along with his friend for three
days at Gadwara village in the district on April 27, 2005.
In another case, a local court has convicted a youth
Mohsin and sentenced him to ten years of imprisonment for
raping a seven-year-old girl here.
Additional Sessions Judge M K K Shukla has also
imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on the accused.
According to prosecution, the victim girl was raped by
Mohsin when she came to his house for some work at Shamli town
in the district on May 6, 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed