UP: Two sentenced to 12 years in jail in gangrape case
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has
sentenced two youths to 12 years of imprisonment forgangraping a girl.
Additional Sessions Judge Ghanshyam Pathak yesterday
also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of the accused
Surendra and Rajesh after holding them guilty of gangraping
the 16-year-old girl.
According to prosecution, Surendra had eloped with the
girl and later gangraped her along with his friend for three
days at Gadwara village in the district on April 27, 2005.
In another case, a local court has convicted a youth
Mohsin and sentenced him to ten years of imprisonment for
raping a seven-year-old girl here.
Additional Sessions Judge M K K Shukla has also
imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on the accused.
According to prosecution, the victim girl was raped by
Mohsin when she came to his house for some work at Shamli town
in the district on May 6, 2007.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed