UP: Two sentenced to 12 years in jail in gangrape case
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has
sentenced two youths to 12 years of imprisonment forgangraping a girl.
Additional Sessions Judge Ghanshyam Pathak yesterday
also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of the accused
Surendra and Rajesh after holding them guilty of gangraping
the 16-year-old girl.
According to prosecution, Surendra had eloped with the
girl and later gangraped her along with his friend for three
days at Gadwara village in the district on April 27, 2005.
In another case, a local court has convicted a youth
Mohsin and sentenced him to ten years of imprisonment for
raping a seven-year-old girl here.
Additional Sessions Judge M K K Shukla has also
imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on the accused.
According to prosecution, the victim girl was raped by
Mohsin when she came to his house for some work at Shamli town
in the district on May 6, 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!