UP: Two sentenced to 12 years in jail in gangrape case
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has
sentenced two youths to 12 years of imprisonment forgangraping a girl.
Additional Sessions Judge Ghanshyam Pathak yesterday
also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of the accused
Surendra and Rajesh after holding them guilty of gangraping
the 16-year-old girl.
According to prosecution, Surendra had eloped with the
girl and later gangraped her along with his friend for three
days at Gadwara village in the district on April 27, 2005.
In another case, a local court has convicted a youth
Mohsin and sentenced him to ten years of imprisonment for
raping a seven-year-old girl here.
Additional Sessions Judge M K K Shukla has also
imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on the accused.
According to prosecution, the victim girl was raped by
Mohsin when she came to his house for some work at Shamli town
in the district on May 6, 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa