UP: Two sentenced to 12 years in jail in gangrape case
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has
sentenced two youths to 12 years of imprisonment forgangraping a girl.
Additional Sessions Judge Ghanshyam Pathak yesterday
also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of the accused
Surendra and Rajesh after holding them guilty of gangraping
the 16-year-old girl.
According to prosecution, Surendra had eloped with the
girl and later gangraped her along with his friend for three
days at Gadwara village in the district on April 27, 2005.
In another case, a local court has convicted a youth
Mohsin and sentenced him to ten years of imprisonment for
raping a seven-year-old girl here.
Additional Sessions Judge M K K Shukla has also
imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on the accused.
According to prosecution, the victim girl was raped by
Mohsin when she came to his house for some work at Shamli town
in the district on May 6, 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?