UP: Two women seriously injured in acid attack
Muzaffarnagar: A nurse and a teacher were seriously injured when a youth threw acid on them at Aryapuri locality here, police said Monday.
Usha Sharma (35), a nurse, and Bobby (45), a teacher, were returning home in a rickshaw when the youth threw acid on Usha yesterday. They were rushed to hospital in a serious condition.
The accused Pawan Kumar has been arrested.
According to police, Usha, who is married, and Pawan were involved in a relationship. However, Pawan was planning to get married to another girl which had upset Usha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing