UP: Two women seriously injured in acid attack
Muzaffarnagar: A nurse and a teacher were seriously injured when a youth threw acid on them at Aryapuri locality here, police said Monday.
Usha Sharma (35), a nurse, and Bobby (45), a teacher, were returning home in a rickshaw when the youth threw acid on Usha yesterday. They were rushed to hospital in a serious condition.
The accused Pawan Kumar has been arrested.
According to police, Usha, who is married, and Pawan were involved in a relationship. However, Pawan was planning to get married to another girl which had upset Usha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31