UP: Under-trial escapes from police custody
Farukhabad: An under-trial lodged in the central prison here escaped from police custody while being taken to a local court for hearing, police said Tuesday.
Batham Umesh, lodged in the central prison fled yesterday from the district collectorate premises while being taken for hearing, they said.
The constable accompanying the under-trail was later suspended and arrested for dereliction of duty by the Superintendent of Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional