UP: Under-trial escapes from police custody
Farukhabad: An under-trial lodged in the central prison here escaped from police custody while being taken to a local court for hearing, police said Tuesday.
Batham Umesh, lodged in the central prison fled yesterday from the district collectorate premises while being taken for hearing, they said.
The constable accompanying the under-trail was later suspended and arrested for dereliction of duty by the Superintendent of Police.
- Conduct forensic test on Narada sting tapes, orders Calcutta HC
- You can no longer bully Alia Bhatt - Here's why
- Kanchi Sankaracharya Jayendra Saraswathi acquitted in Radhakrishnan assault case
- 'Russian Doll' galaxy cluster decodes information about dark energy
- New Facebook, Messenger and Instagram apps launched for Windows 10