UP: Unemployment allowance to roll out in July
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government will begin disbursing the unemployment allowance to applicants from July, an official said Friday.
Work on it is in the final phase. So far 22,000 applications have been submitted to employment exchanges from different districts. They have been shortlisted and approved for the allowance.
The allowance would make it to the bank accounts only in October, the official told reporters.
Since the Samajwadi Party took power, the employment offices have been flooded by applicants from all over the state. Cornered by the heavy rush, the government revised the basic prerequisites for the allowance.
Those entitled for the allowance would be between 35 and 45 years. They should have passed high school (class 10).
The government has also fixed an income ceiling. In Lucknow, only 122 forms have met the conditions laid down in the rules for the unemployment allowance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here