UP: Unemployment allowance to roll out in July
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government will begin disbursing the unemployment allowance to applicants from July, an official said Friday.
Work on it is in the final phase. So far 22,000 applications have been submitted to employment exchanges from different districts. They have been shortlisted and approved for the allowance.
The allowance would make it to the bank accounts only in October, the official told reporters.
Since the Samajwadi Party took power, the employment offices have been flooded by applicants from all over the state. Cornered by the heavy rush, the government revised the basic prerequisites for the allowance.
Those entitled for the allowance would be between 35 and 45 years. They should have passed high school (class 10).
The government has also fixed an income ceiling. In Lucknow, only 122 forms have met the conditions laid down in the rules for the unemployment allowance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok