UP: Unemployment allowance to roll out in July
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government will begin disbursing the unemployment allowance to applicants from July, an official said Friday.
Work on it is in the final phase. So far 22,000 applications have been submitted to employment exchanges from different districts. They have been shortlisted and approved for the allowance.
The allowance would make it to the bank accounts only in October, the official told reporters.
Since the Samajwadi Party took power, the employment offices have been flooded by applicants from all over the state. Cornered by the heavy rush, the government revised the basic prerequisites for the allowance.
Those entitled for the allowance would be between 35 and 45 years. They should have passed high school (class 10).
The government has also fixed an income ceiling. In Lucknow, only 122 forms have met the conditions laid down in the rules for the unemployment allowance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka