UP varsity gets own weather station
Lucknow: The Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (BBAU) in the Uttar Pradesh capital has launched its own automatic weather station that would provide round-the-clock weather forecasts, an official said.
With this, the BBAU became the first university in the country to have its own weather station that would forecast not only for the state capital but also for the entire country.
The weather station would give 24x7 data about wind velocity, directions, pressure, day and night temperatures, sun rise and sun set timings, an university official said on Sunday.
The centre would also be studying the data provided by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and give weather forecasts, including that of the arrival of monsoon.
R G Sonakawde, dean and professor of School of Physical Sciences, said the weather station was much advanced than other old stations across the state and would provide precise and accurate weather forecasts.
The weather station would also be useful in many researches related to environment, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed