UP: Victim`s husband, 4 men booked for gangrape
Betul: Husband of a woman and his
four friends have been booked for allegedly gang-raping her at
a village in the district, police said on Sunday.
The woman had got married about a year back to
Jogli-based Kamlesh, who used to torture her after drinking
liquor. Tired of this, she had returned to Chikhalda, to her
parents some days ago, Betul Superintendent of Police (SP)
Bhagwant Singh Chouhan told reporters here.
However, on February 2, Kamlesh and his four friends
reached Chikhalda to bring her back.
While forcibly taking her with them, Kamlesh and his
friends Sumrat, Ramesh, Kamal and Jagan raped her near the
Tapti river on the way to way to Jogli village, after which
she got unconcious. Later, they even warned her of severe
consequences if she revealed the incident to anyone, Chouhan
However, when her brother came to see her later, she
narrated the whole incident to him, following which, a
complaint was lodged against the five.
Police are on the look-out to nab the accused, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video