UP Vidhan Sabha pays tributes to Gujral, Yadav
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Vidhan Sabha was on Tuesday adjourned for the day after paying glowing tributes to former Prime Minister Inder Kumar Gujral and former MLA Ram Karan Yadav.
Taking up separate obituary references for the two departed leaders, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, Leader of Opposition Swami Prasad Maurya and leaders of other political parties recalled the contribution made by both.
They also observed two minutes silence as a mark of respect.
Those who spoke on the occasion included Hukum Singh (BJP), Pradeep Mathur (Congress) and Dalbir Singh (RLD).
Former Prime Minister I K Gujral passed away on November 30 while Yadav, a socialist leader and former MLA, breathed his last on December 1 after battling cancer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world