UP Vidhan Sabha pays tributes to Gujral, Yadav
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Vidhan Sabha was on Tuesday adjourned for the day after paying glowing tributes to former Prime Minister Inder Kumar Gujral and former MLA Ram Karan Yadav.
Taking up separate obituary references for the two departed leaders, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, Leader of Opposition Swami Prasad Maurya and leaders of other political parties recalled the contribution made by both.
They also observed two minutes silence as a mark of respect.
Those who spoke on the occasion included Hukum Singh (BJP), Pradeep Mathur (Congress) and Dalbir Singh (RLD).
Former Prime Minister I K Gujral passed away on November 30 while Yadav, a socialist leader and former MLA, breathed his last on December 1 after battling cancer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly