UP Vidhan Sabha pays tributes to Gujral, Yadav
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Vidhan Sabha was on Tuesday adjourned for the day after paying glowing tributes to former Prime Minister Inder Kumar Gujral and former MLA Ram Karan Yadav.
Taking up separate obituary references for the two departed leaders, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, Leader of Opposition Swami Prasad Maurya and leaders of other political parties recalled the contribution made by both.
They also observed two minutes silence as a mark of respect.
Those who spoke on the occasion included Hukum Singh (BJP), Pradeep Mathur (Congress) and Dalbir Singh (RLD).
Former Prime Minister I K Gujral passed away on November 30 while Yadav, a socialist leader and former MLA, breathed his last on December 1 after battling cancer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security agencies have advised PM Modi to speak from within bulletproof enclosure on Independence Day: Report
- US women lawmakers back Hillary Clinton as next US President
- South Sudan on brink of an abyss: UN chief
- Freeze frame! ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth strikes a pose with son-in-law Dhanush
- Waterlogging in Gurgaon hits Dehi-Jaipur route