UP Vidhan Sabha pays tributes to Gujral, Yadav
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Vidhan Sabha was on Tuesday adjourned for the day after paying glowing tributes to former Prime Minister Inder Kumar Gujral and former MLA Ram Karan Yadav.
Taking up separate obituary references for the two departed leaders, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, Leader of Opposition Swami Prasad Maurya and leaders of other political parties recalled the contribution made by both.
They also observed two minutes silence as a mark of respect.
Those who spoke on the occasion included Hukum Singh (BJP), Pradeep Mathur (Congress) and Dalbir Singh (RLD).
Former Prime Minister I K Gujral passed away on November 30 while Yadav, a socialist leader and former MLA, breathed his last on December 1 after battling cancer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened