UP Vidhan Sabha pays tributes to Gujral, Yadav
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Vidhan Sabha was on Tuesday adjourned for the day after paying glowing tributes to former Prime Minister Inder Kumar Gujral and former MLA Ram Karan Yadav.
Taking up separate obituary references for the two departed leaders, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, Leader of Opposition Swami Prasad Maurya and leaders of other political parties recalled the contribution made by both.
They also observed two minutes silence as a mark of respect.
Those who spoke on the occasion included Hukum Singh (BJP), Pradeep Mathur (Congress) and Dalbir Singh (RLD).
Former Prime Minister I K Gujral passed away on November 30 while Yadav, a socialist leader and former MLA, breathed his last on December 1 after battling cancer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice