UP voters will end Mayawati `misrule`, says BJP
Pune: BJP on Saturday accused Bahujan Samaj
Party (BSP) and Samajwadi Party (SP) of bailing out Congress-
led UPA Government at the Centre whenever their support was
needed and said the voters in Uttar Pradesh would end the
Mayawati "misrule in the upcoming Assembly elections.
"BSP and SP have always bailed out Congress Government
in Delhi whenever it needed their support. UP is "mini-Bharat
and the people`s anger against Congress on the issues like
price rise, black money and FDI in retail is bound to reflect
in the Assembly elections there which will witness ouster of
Mayawati and rout of Congress", BJP spokesman Shahanwaz
Hussain told reporters here.
"Whenever the Assembly elections are announced,
Congress remembers Muslims in UP and Mayawati remembers
Brahmins. The Muslims are now asking why we have remained poor
despite prolonged Congress rule at the Centre."
Hussain lambasted Mayawati for promoting a
"personality cult" with installations of statues and alleged
that she had proposed four-way division of UP to avoid focus
on her five-year-long "misrule" during the Assembly polls.
He said Prime Minster Manmohan Singh owed an
explanation to the country as to why he was persisting with
FDI in retail despite all round opposition to the move.
In reply to a question, the former Union Minister said
his party would never support reservations on the basis of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray