UP voters will end Mayawati `misrule`, says BJP
Pune: BJP on Saturday accused Bahujan Samaj
Party (BSP) and Samajwadi Party (SP) of bailing out Congress-
led UPA Government at the Centre whenever their support was
needed and said the voters in Uttar Pradesh would end the
Mayawati "misrule in the upcoming Assembly elections.
"BSP and SP have always bailed out Congress Government
in Delhi whenever it needed their support. UP is "mini-Bharat
and the people`s anger against Congress on the issues like
price rise, black money and FDI in retail is bound to reflect
in the Assembly elections there which will witness ouster of
Mayawati and rout of Congress", BJP spokesman Shahanwaz
Hussain told reporters here.
"Whenever the Assembly elections are announced,
Congress remembers Muslims in UP and Mayawati remembers
Brahmins. The Muslims are now asking why we have remained poor
despite prolonged Congress rule at the Centre."
Hussain lambasted Mayawati for promoting a
"personality cult" with installations of statues and alleged
that she had proposed four-way division of UP to avoid focus
on her five-year-long "misrule" during the Assembly polls.
He said Prime Minster Manmohan Singh owed an
explanation to the country as to why he was persisting with
FDI in retail despite all round opposition to the move.
In reply to a question, the former Union Minister said
his party would never support reservations on the basis of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?