UP Wakf Board hails Durga, demands her reinstatement
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: Amid a full-blown political war over the suspension of an IAS officer, a committee affiliated to UP Sunni Central Waqf Board praised Durga Shakti Nagpal and asserted that she had played no role in bringing down a wall of an under-construction mosque in Gautam Budh Nagar.
After visiting the Kadalpur village in Dankaur area after the incident, the committee deduced that the IAS officer had just visited the area to review the situation and had advised villagers to follow the directions of Supreme Court in constructing the mosque.
The committee also mentioned that it was Durga who began the process of reclaiming the encroached waqf board land, triggering a backlash against her by the sand mining and land mafias.
The committee has sent a report to the UP government, urging it to reinstate the IAS officer soon.
On Monday, a Local Intelligence Unit (LIU) report sent to Uttar Pradesh government had also claimed that the wall was demolished in the presence of Circle officer/SDM Jewar and that the suspended IAS officer was not present at the spot.
The Samajwadi Party has, meanwhile, hardened its stand on the 28-year-old former sub-divisional magistrate (SDM) in Noida, saying any official in the wrong will face the music, even as Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said his government was seeking details on the case from Uttar Pradesh.
Despite mounting criticism of the suspension of Nagpal, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has remained firm on his government’s decision.
He said his government acted in line with service rules. "Any official who does a wrong will be punished... There are no two thoughts about this," he said at a function in Lucknow.
"If an officer makes a mistake, he or she is punished," he added. "That is how a government works."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon