UP: Woman beats stepchildren to death, consumes poison
Bulandshahr (UP): A woman allegedly beat her minor step-children to death this evening, after which she attempted suicide by consuming poison, police said.
The children`s father lodged FIR against her, they said.
Rekha beat Pooja (8) and Saurabh (6) to death, after which she consumed poison, SP (City) Srikant Yadav said.
The woman, who is the second wife of a class 4 employee, was rushed to hospital in serious condition, the SP said.
Domestic controversy is believed to be the reason behind the incident, Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes