UP: Woman believed dead found living with lover
Firozabad (UP): Fed up with her husband`s alcohol addiction, a 30-year-old woman eloped last month prompting her parents to lodge a dowry death case.
Medha, wife of Surjeet Singh, had gone missing with her 4-year-old son from her residence in Shambhu Nagar area last month, district SP Aparna Singh said on Saturday.
After failing to trace his daughter, Upendra Singh lodged a dowry death case with Shikohabad police on August 23, Singh said.
Police, however, found Medha living with her lover Sanjay in Noida, the SP said, adding that surveillance of the woman`s mobile phone helped them to track her.
Both have been taken into custody.
The woman told police that she took the step as she was fed up of her husband`s drinking habits, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- WhatsApp chat between Hrithik Roshan and his mother will give you fitness goals! View inside
- Producer's Guild hold emergency meet after 'Dishoom' leak threat
- WATCH: HISTORIC! Neeraj Chopra sets U-20 Javelin record, becomes first Indian world champion in athletics
- REVEALED: Why Hindu families in Aligarh want to sell their houses, leave area
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!