UP: Woman believed dead found living with lover
Firozabad (UP): Fed up with her husband`s alcohol addiction, a 30-year-old woman eloped last month prompting her parents to lodge a dowry death case.
Medha, wife of Surjeet Singh, had gone missing with her 4-year-old son from her residence in Shambhu Nagar area last month, district SP Aparna Singh said on Saturday.
After failing to trace his daughter, Upendra Singh lodged a dowry death case with Shikohabad police on August 23, Singh said.
Police, however, found Medha living with her lover Sanjay in Noida, the SP said, adding that surveillance of the woman`s mobile phone helped them to track her.
Both have been taken into custody.
The woman told police that she took the step as she was fed up of her husband`s drinking habits, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Inspiring! Poverty-stricken Bihar siblings beat all odds to crack IIT-JEE
- 7th Pay Commission: Know at a glance, see this informative chart
- Complete list of athletes representing India at 2016 Rio Olympics
- Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by 11 points in US presidential race
- Pakistan strongly condemns terrorist attack at Istanbul airport