UP: Woman believed dead found living with lover
Firozabad (UP): Fed up with her husband`s alcohol addiction, a 30-year-old woman eloped last month prompting her parents to lodge a dowry death case.
Medha, wife of Surjeet Singh, had gone missing with her 4-year-old son from her residence in Shambhu Nagar area last month, district SP Aparna Singh said on Saturday.
After failing to trace his daughter, Upendra Singh lodged a dowry death case with Shikohabad police on August 23, Singh said.
Police, however, found Medha living with her lover Sanjay in Noida, the SP said, adding that surveillance of the woman`s mobile phone helped them to track her.
Both have been taken into custody.
The woman told police that she took the step as she was fed up of her husband`s drinking habits, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read