UP: Woman believed dead found living with lover
Firozabad (UP): Fed up with her husband`s alcohol addiction, a 30-year-old woman eloped last month prompting her parents to lodge a dowry death case.
Medha, wife of Surjeet Singh, had gone missing with her 4-year-old son from her residence in Shambhu Nagar area last month, district SP Aparna Singh said on Saturday.
After failing to trace his daughter, Upendra Singh lodged a dowry death case with Shikohabad police on August 23, Singh said.
Police, however, found Medha living with her lover Sanjay in Noida, the SP said, adding that surveillance of the woman`s mobile phone helped them to track her.
Both have been taken into custody.
The woman told police that she took the step as she was fed up of her husband`s drinking habits, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outline solutions, don't become roadblock to progressive democracy: BJP tells Mamata
- After Virat Kohli, time for Anil Kumble to work with MS Dhoni - Here's what Jumbo said..
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi raps Kerala for its policy on stray dogs
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!