UP: Woman burnt alive over old enmity
Muzaffarnagar: A woman was allegedly burnt to death by her neighbours in Nawala village here over an old enmity, police said Monday.
Sona Singh (46), after being set ablaze by Ishwar Singh and Satbir was rushed to a hospital, where she was declared brought dead yesterday, they said.
On the complaint by the victims`s son Sumit Kumar a case was registered and the two accused persons were arrested, police said.
Kumar claimed that his mother was murdered over an old enmity with the two accused persons.
Meanwhile, a local court has directed police to register a case against a man and his three family members for killing his wife for the alleged inability to give birth to a male child.
One Abdul Karim had alleged that his daughter Sitara Begum was murdered by her husband Irshad and his family members in March, for failing to give birth to a male child.
According to Karim, police had refused to register an FIR in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie