UP: Woman burnt alive over old enmity
Muzaffarnagar: A woman was allegedly burnt to death by her neighbours in Nawala village here over an old enmity, police said Monday.
Sona Singh (46), after being set ablaze by Ishwar Singh and Satbir was rushed to a hospital, where she was declared brought dead yesterday, they said.
On the complaint by the victims`s son Sumit Kumar a case was registered and the two accused persons were arrested, police said.
Kumar claimed that his mother was murdered over an old enmity with the two accused persons.
Meanwhile, a local court has directed police to register a case against a man and his three family members for killing his wife for the alleged inability to give birth to a male child.
One Abdul Karim had alleged that his daughter Sitara Begum was murdered by her husband Irshad and his family members in March, for failing to give birth to a male child.
According to Karim, police had refused to register an FIR in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency