UP: Woman burnt alive over old enmity
Muzaffarnagar: A woman was allegedly burnt to death by her neighbours in Nawala village here over an old enmity, police said Monday.
Sona Singh (46), after being set ablaze by Ishwar Singh and Satbir was rushed to a hospital, where she was declared brought dead yesterday, they said.
On the complaint by the victims`s son Sumit Kumar a case was registered and the two accused persons were arrested, police said.
Kumar claimed that his mother was murdered over an old enmity with the two accused persons.
Meanwhile, a local court has directed police to register a case against a man and his three family members for killing his wife for the alleged inability to give birth to a male child.
One Abdul Karim had alleged that his daughter Sitara Begum was murdered by her husband Irshad and his family members in March, for failing to give birth to a male child.
According to Karim, police had refused to register an FIR in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi