UP: Woman, daughter killed in wall collapse
Badaun (UP): A woman and her teenaged daughter were killed in a wall collapse due to heavy rainfall at Bauthoria village in the Dataganj area here, police said on Sunday.
In the incident which took place yesterday, Janki Devi (40) and her daughter Devshri (15), who were asleep inside their house, were both killed on the spot as heavy rain lashed the area.
The bodies were pulled out of the debris by villagers, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video