UP: Woman, daughter killed in wall collapse
Badaun (UP): A woman and her teenaged daughter were killed in a wall collapse due to heavy rainfall at Bauthoria village in the Dataganj area here, police said on Sunday.
In the incident which took place yesterday, Janki Devi (40) and her daughter Devshri (15), who were asleep inside their house, were both killed on the spot as heavy rain lashed the area.
The bodies were pulled out of the debris by villagers, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins