UP: Woman, daughter killed in wall collapse
Badaun (UP): A woman and her teenaged daughter were killed in a wall collapse due to heavy rainfall at Bauthoria village in the Dataganj area here, police said on Sunday.
In the incident which took place yesterday, Janki Devi (40) and her daughter Devshri (15), who were asleep inside their house, were both killed on the spot as heavy rain lashed the area.
The bodies were pulled out of the debris by villagers, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj