UP: Woman, daughter killed in wall collapse
Badaun (UP): A woman and her teenaged daughter were killed in a wall collapse due to heavy rainfall at Bauthoria village in the Dataganj area here, police said on Sunday.
In the incident which took place yesterday, Janki Devi (40) and her daughter Devshri (15), who were asleep inside their house, were both killed on the spot as heavy rain lashed the area.
The bodies were pulled out of the debris by villagers, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Boxing as good as dead in India, rues Mary Kom
- David Cameron calls on LGBT community to live 'freely'
- Wimbledon: Andy Murray and admirer of `incredibly consistent` Novak Djokovic
- Defence Ministry nod to buy 145 ultra light howitzers from US
- Dominika Cibulkova beats Karolina Pliskova in Eastbourne final, claims first grass court title