UP: Woman gangraped in police station
Kushinagar: A woman was allegedly gang-raped within the premises of a police station in Khadda area here, police said on Monday.
The woman was taken to the police station on July 17 by a man Vijay Verma of her village Gainahi promising her help in getting a job but she was forcibly given liquor and a number of policemen allegedly raped her in a room, the woman said in her complaint yesterday.
"On the complaint of the woman, an FIR has been registered against Verma and sub-inspector Virendra Kumar. The woman will be sent for medical examination today," Circle Officer Vinod Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble