UP: Woman gangraped in police station
Kushinagar: A woman was allegedly gang-raped within the premises of a police station in Khadda area here, police said on Monday.
The woman was taken to the police station on July 17 by a man Vijay Verma of her village Gainahi promising her help in getting a job but she was forcibly given liquor and a number of policemen allegedly raped her in a room, the woman said in her complaint yesterday.
"On the complaint of the woman, an FIR has been registered against Verma and sub-inspector Virendra Kumar. The woman will be sent for medical examination today," Circle Officer Vinod Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray