UP: Woman killed for dowry
Firozabad: A 21-year-old newly-married
woman was strangled to death allegedly by her husband and in-laws over dowry in Uttar area, police said here.
Rani was killed allegedly by her husband Neeraj and his family members last evening. The body was later hanged from the ceiling, they said.
Rani got married to Neeraj eight months back and
since then she was being harassed for dowry, her father Rajesh
On the basis of post mortem report, a case has been
lodged against Neeraj and his family members, police said.
In another incident, 20-year-old Neelam allegedly committed suicide in Fariha area by consuming poison.
However, Neelam`s father Arjun Singh has lodged a dowry
case against her husband Veerpal and his family members,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan