UP: Woman killed for dowry
Firozabad: A 21-year-old newly-married
woman was strangled to death allegedly by her husband and in-laws over dowry in Uttar area, police said here.
Rani was killed allegedly by her husband Neeraj and his family members last evening. The body was later hanged from the ceiling, they said.
Rani got married to Neeraj eight months back and
since then she was being harassed for dowry, her father Rajesh
On the basis of post mortem report, a case has been
lodged against Neeraj and his family members, police said.
In another incident, 20-year-old Neelam allegedly committed suicide in Fariha area by consuming poison.
However, Neelam`s father Arjun Singh has lodged a dowry
case against her husband Veerpal and his family members,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug