UP: Youth killed by lover`s family
Firozabad (UP): In a case of honour killing, a youth was burnt alive after family members of the girl he loved allegedly set him afire in Indira Nagar locality here.
18-year-old Govind was set afire when he reached the girl`s house on the invitation of her family members on September 1, police said.
He was rushed to a hospital with 90 per cent burn injuries where he died during treatment yesterday.
Sunil Kumar, brother of the victim, has lodged an FIR accusing the girl and her family members of killing Govind.
However, the family members of the girl have denied the allegation claiming that Govind committed suicide.
The police is probing the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL