UPA govt not providing UP its due share of funds: Shivpal
Lalitpur: Uttar Pradesh minister and SP leader Shivpal Singh Yadav on Wednesday accused the UPA government of not providing the state its due share of funds resulting in difficultes in completion of development projects.
In the event of Third Front coming to power after the Lok Sabha polls, there would be no dearth of funds for Uttar Pradesh, he said at a function to dedicate the lower Rohini project in Madavara block here to people.
"The Congress-led UPA government is not providing the state its share of funds due to which a number of development projects have been adversely hit," said the PWD and Irrigation minister.
Stressing on conservation of rain water for providing irrigation facilities in this water-scarcity hit area of Bundelkhand, he said for the benefit of farmers 15 new dams would be constructed in the region.
Yadav said the previous Samajwadi Party government had started construction of dams but the subsequent BSP regime did did not pay any heed to it.
The construction of dams was underway and once these were completed, almost 40 per cent land in Bundelkhand region would get irrigation facility, Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is #CongTerrorInRajyaSabha trending on Twitter?
- Bsetelangana.org SSC Result 2016: Telangana Board, TS 10th Class SSC Result 2016 likely to be declared soon on manabadi.co.in
- Baba Ramdev's 'new fan' Lalu Yadav says he is 'permanent brand ambassador' of Patanjali products
- Govt to cap Airfares during crises, natural calamities?
- WATCH: Brendon McCullum's unbelievable fielding effort vs Delhi Daredevils in Match 31 of IPL 2016