UPA, SP policies behind farmers` miseries in UP: Gadkari
Saharanpur: It is the policies of the Congress -led UPA government at the Centre and the ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh which are behind the problems being faced by farmers in the state, senior BJP leader Nitin Gadkari said here on Friday.
Addressing a `kisan mazdur` rally here, Gadkari said that although Congress has been in power in the country for the greater part of her history since Independence, India is yet to realise her true potential.
Appealing to the audience to support BJP at the upcoming Lok Sabha polls, Gadkari charged that Congress had been a divisive influence on the country and needed to be voted out of power.
Former Madhya Pradesh chief minister and BJP leader Uma Bharati, who, too, attended the rally, alleged that regional outfits like SP and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) were not at all concerned about development.
Seeking votes for BJP, she remarked that SP and BSP only appear to oppose Congress but were actually hand-in-glove with the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- 'Law & Order' actor Steven Hill dies at 94
- Biopic on Kishore Kumar, RD Burman shouldn't be made: Naseeruddin Shah
- Samsung Electronics says Galaxy Note 7 demand beats supply
- Tesla unveils 100 kWh battery for Model S, Model X cars
- Oh no! After Saina Nehwal, Parupalli Kashyap leaves Pullela Gopichand's academy in Hyderabad