UPA, SP policies behind farmers` miseries in UP: Gadkari
Saharanpur: It is the policies of the Congress -led UPA government at the Centre and the ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh which are behind the problems being faced by farmers in the state, senior BJP leader Nitin Gadkari said here on Friday.
Addressing a `kisan mazdur` rally here, Gadkari said that although Congress has been in power in the country for the greater part of her history since Independence, India is yet to realise her true potential.
Appealing to the audience to support BJP at the upcoming Lok Sabha polls, Gadkari charged that Congress had been a divisive influence on the country and needed to be voted out of power.
Former Madhya Pradesh chief minister and BJP leader Uma Bharati, who, too, attended the rally, alleged that regional outfits like SP and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) were not at all concerned about development.
Seeking votes for BJP, she remarked that SP and BSP only appear to oppose Congress but were actually hand-in-glove with the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says