UPA, SP policies behind farmers` miseries in UP: Gadkari
Saharanpur: It is the policies of the Congress -led UPA government at the Centre and the ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh which are behind the problems being faced by farmers in the state, senior BJP leader Nitin Gadkari said here on Friday.
Addressing a `kisan mazdur` rally here, Gadkari said that although Congress has been in power in the country for the greater part of her history since Independence, India is yet to realise her true potential.
Appealing to the audience to support BJP at the upcoming Lok Sabha polls, Gadkari charged that Congress had been a divisive influence on the country and needed to be voted out of power.
Former Madhya Pradesh chief minister and BJP leader Uma Bharati, who, too, attended the rally, alleged that regional outfits like SP and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) were not at all concerned about development.
Seeking votes for BJP, she remarked that SP and BSP only appear to oppose Congress but were actually hand-in-glove with the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- UN chief voices concern over Turkey situation
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- WATCH: How Sri Lanka's mystery spinner Lakshan Sandakan left Australia spellbound
- Antibodies that protect against Zika virus in mice identified, claim scientists
- Rio Olympics 2016: India to start with a bang