UPA `weak` to meet external, internal challenges: BJP
Lucknow: Concerned over challenges posed by both external and internal forces to disintegrate the country, main opposition BJP today said the government at the helm was "weak" and asked its workers to rise above personal aspirations to face the situation.
"These are not normal times...There is a well planned move to disintegrate the country as the designs of Pakistan, China and terrorists are totally clear," senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi said.
"Because of a weak government at the helm, forces like Naxalites and Maoists are a threat within," he said at the inaugural session of the two-day state BJP working committee meet here.
In these challenging times, BJP workers should rise above personal aspirations of becoming MLA or MP and instead prepare to unite the nation, the former party president said.
Joshi wanted to know the steps being taken by the government to face the situation along the country`s border with China.
On the Kashmir situation, he said the nation`s pride cannot be upheld by talking to those who pelt stones and fire at security personnels. "Ignorant politicians are talking about a dialogue with
the separatists for vote bank politics," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends