UPCC minority cell attacks Shahi Imam
Lucknow: The minority cell of Uttar
Pradesh Congress on Friday charged the Shahi Imam of Delhi Jama
Masjid Maulana Syed Ahmed Bukhari with working as the agent of
Samajwadi Party and lashing out at the party in the context of
the Allahabad High Court`s verdict in the Ayodhya title suits.
"The Shahi Imam had favoured and opposed different
political parties at different points of time in the past and
today he is working as agent of Samajwadi Party and attacking
the Congress", chairman of the Minority cell of the UPCC,
Maroof Khan said in a statement here.
Claiming that Bukhari stands exposed before the
community, Khan said that he had also sought votes in favour
of BJP`s Atal Bihari Vajpayee in 2004 Lok Sabha elections.
Referring to Bukhari`s criticism of Congress , Khan
said that its (Congress`) secular credentials did not require
Imam saheb`s certificate.
Claiming that both Bukhari and Mulayam Singh Yadav
were not getting support of the community, Khan said that
this has frustrated the former "who is now resorting to
beating up journalists who pose uncomfortable questions."
Losing his cool after being asked a question related to
the Ayodhya dispute here yesterday by a local reporter, the
Shahi Imam had called him an agent of the Congress.
"It is unbecoming of a person like Bukhari to indulge
in fisticuffs at a press conference", Khan said referring to
yesterday`s incident in Lucknow and demanded that journalists
should boycott Bukhari`s press conferences in future.
Meanwhile, senior BJP leader Lalji Tandon also
criticised Bukhari for "misbehaving" with a scribe and said
such people needed to be socially boycotted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray