UPCC minority cell attacks Shahi Imam
Lucknow: The minority cell of Uttar
Pradesh Congress on Friday charged the Shahi Imam of Delhi Jama
Masjid Maulana Syed Ahmed Bukhari with working as the agent of
Samajwadi Party and lashing out at the party in the context of
the Allahabad High Court`s verdict in the Ayodhya title suits.
"The Shahi Imam had favoured and opposed different
political parties at different points of time in the past and
today he is working as agent of Samajwadi Party and attacking
the Congress", chairman of the Minority cell of the UPCC,
Maroof Khan said in a statement here.
Claiming that Bukhari stands exposed before the
community, Khan said that he had also sought votes in favour
of BJP`s Atal Bihari Vajpayee in 2004 Lok Sabha elections.
Referring to Bukhari`s criticism of Congress , Khan
said that its (Congress`) secular credentials did not require
Imam saheb`s certificate.
Claiming that both Bukhari and Mulayam Singh Yadav
were not getting support of the community, Khan said that
this has frustrated the former "who is now resorting to
beating up journalists who pose uncomfortable questions."
Losing his cool after being asked a question related to
the Ayodhya dispute here yesterday by a local reporter, the
Shahi Imam had called him an agent of the Congress.
"It is unbecoming of a person like Bukhari to indulge
in fisticuffs at a press conference", Khan said referring to
yesterday`s incident in Lucknow and demanded that journalists
should boycott Bukhari`s press conferences in future.
Meanwhile, senior BJP leader Lalji Tandon also
criticised Bukhari for "misbehaving" with a scribe and said
such people needed to be socially boycotted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060