UPCC minority cell attacks Shahi Imam
Lucknow: The minority cell of Uttar
Pradesh Congress on Friday charged the Shahi Imam of Delhi Jama
Masjid Maulana Syed Ahmed Bukhari with working as the agent of
Samajwadi Party and lashing out at the party in the context of
the Allahabad High Court`s verdict in the Ayodhya title suits.
"The Shahi Imam had favoured and opposed different
political parties at different points of time in the past and
today he is working as agent of Samajwadi Party and attacking
the Congress", chairman of the Minority cell of the UPCC,
Maroof Khan said in a statement here.
Claiming that Bukhari stands exposed before the
community, Khan said that he had also sought votes in favour
of BJP`s Atal Bihari Vajpayee in 2004 Lok Sabha elections.
Referring to Bukhari`s criticism of Congress , Khan
said that its (Congress`) secular credentials did not require
Imam saheb`s certificate.
Claiming that both Bukhari and Mulayam Singh Yadav
were not getting support of the community, Khan said that
this has frustrated the former "who is now resorting to
beating up journalists who pose uncomfortable questions."
Losing his cool after being asked a question related to
the Ayodhya dispute here yesterday by a local reporter, the
Shahi Imam had called him an agent of the Congress.
"It is unbecoming of a person like Bukhari to indulge
in fisticuffs at a press conference", Khan said referring to
yesterday`s incident in Lucknow and demanded that journalists
should boycott Bukhari`s press conferences in future.
Meanwhile, senior BJP leader Lalji Tandon also
criticised Bukhari for "misbehaving" with a scribe and said
such people needed to be socially boycotted.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!