UPCC`s front demands CBI probe into Faizabad clashes
Lucknow: The anti-communal front of the Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee (UPCC) on Saturday sought a CBI probe into the last months` Faizabad violence while alleging a "nexus" between the state government and communal forces behind the clashes.
"There appears to be a larger design in violence in Faizabad indicating a nexus between the state government and local administration as well as communal forces, and we will request for a CBI probe into it," president of Anti-communal front of the UPCC, Amaresh Misra told reporters here.
Misra said he would submit his report on the findings on the Faizabad incidents to senior Congress leader and the in-charge of party`s UP affairs, Digvijay Singh.
He claimed, the incidents in Faizabad have a "similarity with Gujarat kind of communal incidents" and there could be an attempt to vitiate the atmosphere before 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
Two persons were killed in clashes in Faizabad idol immersion on the occasion of Vijay Dashmi on October 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel, 3 officials convicted; quantum of sentence to be declared today
- Alarm bells for Nawaz Sharif! Huge protests rock PoK, locals allege ISI rigged polls in favour of PML(N)
- Chill guys! There's still time for Deepika Padukone, Fawad Khan film
- Rio Olympics 2016: Narsingh Yadav's fate hangs in balance as NADA takes final decision today
- Kejriwal, Mamata to attend Mother Teresa's canonization in Rome on Sept 4