UPCC`s front demands CBI probe into Faizabad clashes
Lucknow: The anti-communal front of the Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee (UPCC) on Saturday sought a CBI probe into the last months` Faizabad violence while alleging a "nexus" between the state government and communal forces behind the clashes.
"There appears to be a larger design in violence in Faizabad indicating a nexus between the state government and local administration as well as communal forces, and we will request for a CBI probe into it," president of Anti-communal front of the UPCC, Amaresh Misra told reporters here.
Misra said he would submit his report on the findings on the Faizabad incidents to senior Congress leader and the in-charge of party`s UP affairs, Digvijay Singh.
He claimed, the incidents in Faizabad have a "similarity with Gujarat kind of communal incidents" and there could be an attempt to vitiate the atmosphere before 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
Two persons were killed in clashes in Faizabad idol immersion on the occasion of Vijay Dashmi on October 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender