UPCC`s front demands CBI probe into Faizabad clashes
Lucknow: The anti-communal front of the Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee (UPCC) on Saturday sought a CBI probe into the last months` Faizabad violence while alleging a "nexus" between the state government and communal forces behind the clashes.
"There appears to be a larger design in violence in Faizabad indicating a nexus between the state government and local administration as well as communal forces, and we will request for a CBI probe into it," president of Anti-communal front of the UPCC, Amaresh Misra told reporters here.
Misra said he would submit his report on the findings on the Faizabad incidents to senior Congress leader and the in-charge of party`s UP affairs, Digvijay Singh.
He claimed, the incidents in Faizabad have a "similarity with Gujarat kind of communal incidents" and there could be an attempt to vitiate the atmosphere before 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
Two persons were killed in clashes in Faizabad idol immersion on the occasion of Vijay Dashmi on October 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi