UPCPMT cancelled after paper leak in Ghaziabad, CM Akhilesh Yadav orders probe
Zee Media Bureau
Ghaziabad: The Combined Pre-Medical Test (CPMT) was cancelled in Uttar Pradesh on Sunday after the examination paper for entrance to medical colleges in the state was found to have been leaked in Ghaziabad.
UP Chief minister Akhilesh Yadav has ordered a probe into the incident. A high-level committee has been constituted and Special Task Force (STF) will probe the paper leak, reports stated.
The case came to light after the officials found the seals of the boxes, in which the examination papers were kept in Ghaziabad, were tampered.
They also found holes in the examination papers kept at Allahabad Bank and State Bank of India (SBI).
The District Magistrate reached the spot to examine the boxes and then informed the administration after which orders were issued to cancel the examination.
Over one lakh student were due to appear for the exam which will now be held on July 20.
Meanwhile, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has demanded a CBI probe into the incident.
The examination was to be held across 213 centres in 15 cities of which 45 were in Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune