UPPCL blacklists six firms for poor quality
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL) has blacklisted six firms and suspended two engineers for supplying poor quality transformers.
UPPCL chairman and managing director Avanish Awasthi had directed blacklisting of firms who have provided transformers which had a damage-rate of over 10 per cent during the guarantee period, he said.
"The CMD has directed all the distribution companies to take action against such firms", he said, adding that chief engineer of Aligarh K K Singhal and superintendent engineer Narendra Agarwal have been suspended on charges of lax supervision.
Information was sought from the distribution companies regarding damage-rate of transformers.
The action comes in the backdrop of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav`s directive to blacklist companies involved in supplying poor quality power transformers and meters.
"The companies involved in supplying poor quality transformers and meters should be black-listed. Also, strict action should also be initiated against the officers involved in their verification", Yadav had said while addressing a meeting to review power scenario in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’