UP`s Bharat-Bharti Samman presented after three years
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today presented literary awards here and said that writers have made an important contribution in eradication of social evils through their writings.
The Chief Minister presented the highest literary honour of the state, Bharat-Bharti Samman, for 2009 to Maheep Singh and for 2011 to Govind Mishra. Kailesh Bajpai, who was selected for 2010 could not attend the function due to illness.
The felicitation ceremony was organised by Hindi Sansthan here to honor noted writers for the years 2009, 2010 and 2011.
The Chief Minister also presented Mahatma Gandhi Sahitya Samman and Hindi Gaurav Samman to noted litterateurs saying the previous government had stopped these awards which have now been resumed.
"Litterateurs have showed the right path to the society through their ideas and literary compositions," the Chief Minister said.
In future also they will continue to benefit the society through their creativity and literary pursuits, Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video