UP`s Bharat-Bharti Samman presented after three years
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today presented literary awards here and said that writers have made an important contribution in eradication of social evils through their writings.
The Chief Minister presented the highest literary honour of the state, Bharat-Bharti Samman, for 2009 to Maheep Singh and for 2011 to Govind Mishra. Kailesh Bajpai, who was selected for 2010 could not attend the function due to illness.
The felicitation ceremony was organised by Hindi Sansthan here to honor noted writers for the years 2009, 2010 and 2011.
The Chief Minister also presented Mahatma Gandhi Sahitya Samman and Hindi Gaurav Samman to noted litterateurs saying the previous government had stopped these awards which have now been resumed.
"Litterateurs have showed the right path to the society through their ideas and literary compositions," the Chief Minister said.
In future also they will continue to benefit the society through their creativity and literary pursuits, Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands