UP`s Tanda-Banda stretch to be widened
New Delhi: A 290-km National Highway stretch between Tanda and Banda in Uttar Pradesh is to be widened to two-lane at an estimated cost of 1,119 crore.
"Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs on Thursday approved the widening of NH-232 to two lanes with paved shoulders from Tanda to Banda in Uttar Pradesh at an estimated cost of Rs 1,118.79 crore," an official statement said today.
The work, to be executed by National Highways Authority of India on Engineering Procurement & Construction (EPC) mode, would be completed in two packages -- Tanda to Raebareli and Raebareli to Banda.
The 305 km long, NH-232 starts from Ambedkarnagar (Tanda) and connects Sultanpur, Amethi, Raibareli, Lalganj, Fatehpur before terminating at Banda.
"The length and cost of Tanda to Raebareli sector will be 155.91 km and Rs 648.15 crore, respectively, while in the Raebareli-Banda sector, it will be 133.285 km and Rs 470.64 crore (respectively)," the statement said, adding the work would be completed within two and half years from the date of start of work.
The project would be implemented on the new Model EPC document which aims to minimise, if not completely eliminate, the time and cost over-run characteristic of conventional item rate contracts.
The government claims with the upgradation of the stretch to two-lane, smooth and safe traffic flow would be ensured between Tanda to Banda.
Substantial gain in terms of reduced Vehicle Operating Cost (VOC) and reduced travel time would also be achieved, it said.
"In addition, implementation of the project would result development of basic infrastructure in the region which would ultimately lead to the overall economical development," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!