UP`s Tanda-Banda stretch to be widened
New Delhi: A 290-km National Highway stretch between Tanda and Banda in Uttar Pradesh is to be widened to two-lane at an estimated cost of 1,119 crore.
"Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs on Thursday approved the widening of NH-232 to two lanes with paved shoulders from Tanda to Banda in Uttar Pradesh at an estimated cost of Rs 1,118.79 crore," an official statement said today.
The work, to be executed by National Highways Authority of India on Engineering Procurement & Construction (EPC) mode, would be completed in two packages -- Tanda to Raebareli and Raebareli to Banda.
The 305 km long, NH-232 starts from Ambedkarnagar (Tanda) and connects Sultanpur, Amethi, Raibareli, Lalganj, Fatehpur before terminating at Banda.
"The length and cost of Tanda to Raebareli sector will be 155.91 km and Rs 648.15 crore, respectively, while in the Raebareli-Banda sector, it will be 133.285 km and Rs 470.64 crore (respectively)," the statement said, adding the work would be completed within two and half years from the date of start of work.
The project would be implemented on the new Model EPC document which aims to minimise, if not completely eliminate, the time and cost over-run characteristic of conventional item rate contracts.
The government claims with the upgradation of the stretch to two-lane, smooth and safe traffic flow would be ensured between Tanda to Banda.
Substantial gain in terms of reduced Vehicle Operating Cost (VOC) and reduced travel time would also be achieved, it said.
"In addition, implementation of the project would result development of basic infrastructure in the region which would ultimately lead to the overall economical development," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand