UPSRTC CGM suspended on charges of financial irregularities
Lucknow: A senior state government officer has been suspended on charges of financial
irregularities, officials said here Wednesday.
"Chief General Manager (Technical) of Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation A K Srivastava was suspended yesterday on charges of financial irregularities in seven
cases," a senior transport department official said.
The matter came to light after several complaints were received against the officer following which an explanation was sought from him.
"The complaints are mostly regarding purchase and procurement of parts of buses flouting rules," he said.
Irregularities were committed in purchase of tyres (Rs 31 lakh in 2007-2008) and bus chassis (Rs 2.34 crore in 2006-07) and in converting AC buses to ordinary buses, sources
Norms were also not adhered to in depositing security money for installation of information technology system in the roadway buses, they said.
After Srivastava failed to give any satisfactory reply, he was found prima facie guilty and later suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital