UPSRTC CGM suspended on charges of financial irregularities
Lucknow: A senior state government officer has been suspended on charges of financial
irregularities, officials said here Wednesday.
"Chief General Manager (Technical) of Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation A K Srivastava was suspended yesterday on charges of financial irregularities in seven
cases," a senior transport department official said.
The matter came to light after several complaints were received against the officer following which an explanation was sought from him.
"The complaints are mostly regarding purchase and procurement of parts of buses flouting rules," he said.
Irregularities were committed in purchase of tyres (Rs 31 lakh in 2007-2008) and bus chassis (Rs 2.34 crore in 2006-07) and in converting AC buses to ordinary buses, sources
Norms were also not adhered to in depositing security money for installation of information technology system in the roadway buses, they said.
After Srivastava failed to give any satisfactory reply, he was found prima facie guilty and later suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok