UPSRTC CGM suspended on charges of financial irregularities
Lucknow: A senior state government officer has been suspended on charges of financial
irregularities, officials said here Wednesday.
"Chief General Manager (Technical) of Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation A K Srivastava was suspended yesterday on charges of financial irregularities in seven
cases," a senior transport department official said.
The matter came to light after several complaints were received against the officer following which an explanation was sought from him.
"The complaints are mostly regarding purchase and procurement of parts of buses flouting rules," he said.
Irregularities were committed in purchase of tyres (Rs 31 lakh in 2007-2008) and bus chassis (Rs 2.34 crore in 2006-07) and in converting AC buses to ordinary buses, sources
Norms were also not adhered to in depositing security money for installation of information technology system in the roadway buses, they said.
After Srivastava failed to give any satisfactory reply, he was found prima facie guilty and later suspended.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan