UPSRTC CGM suspended on charges of financial irregularities
Lucknow: A senior state government officer has been suspended on charges of financial
irregularities, officials said here Wednesday.
"Chief General Manager (Technical) of Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation A K Srivastava was suspended yesterday on charges of financial irregularities in seven
cases," a senior transport department official said.
The matter came to light after several complaints were received against the officer following which an explanation was sought from him.
"The complaints are mostly regarding purchase and procurement of parts of buses flouting rules," he said.
Irregularities were committed in purchase of tyres (Rs 31 lakh in 2007-2008) and bus chassis (Rs 2.34 crore in 2006-07) and in converting AC buses to ordinary buses, sources
Norms were also not adhered to in depositing security money for installation of information technology system in the roadway buses, they said.
After Srivastava failed to give any satisfactory reply, he was found prima facie guilty and later suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt