UPSRTC to launch special bus for women in Noida
Greater Noida: In the backdrop of recent Delhi gang rape case, the UPSRTC has announced to launch `Sakhi` - a special service exclusively for women - in twin cities of Noida and Greater Noida from the next week.
Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (UPSRTC) Assistant Manager, Satinder Kumar Verma said, "Initially one bus will ply on Greater Noida Depot to Noida via Noida Greater Noida Expressway route."
He said, "Later more buses would be added and more routes included."
In January, a delegation of Noida Madhiyamik Shiksha Sangh met UPSRTC authorities and asked for special buses for teachers in wake of the crime incidents targeting women.
"We welcome UPSRTC decision and have requested to include two more routes for the special bus service," vice president of Noida Madhiyamik Shiksha Sangh, Usha Vikal said.
The request has been made for two routes of Suraj-Bhangel and Dadri-Noida, Vikal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened