Urdu medium govt schools to come up in UP: CM
Lucknow: Urdu medium government schools at
primary, middle and higher secondary levels will be set up in
Muslim dominated areas across Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister
Akhilesh Yadav announced on Wednesday.
"At a meeting with Moallim-e-Urdu Welfare Association,the
CM announced he will set up Urdu medium schools in Muslim
dominated areas to promote the language," Samajwadi Party
spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said.
Akhilesh, who met the delegation at 5, Kalidas Marg, his
official residence, said knowledge of Urdu language would help
people get jobs and budgetary adjustments would be made for
providing technical education in Madarsas.\
The CM said the state government would create pressure on
the Centre for implementation of recommendation of Rangnath
Mishra commission and Sachar committee report.
He said recommendations which could be fulfilled by the
state government would be implemented at the earliest.
On the issue of reservation to Muslims, he said in the
light of Sachar committee report considering them to be most
backward in terms of socio-economic and education point of
view separate reservation would be given on the basis of
populations like Dalits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered