Urdu medium govt schools to come up in UP: CM
Lucknow: Urdu medium government schools at
primary, middle and higher secondary levels will be set up in
Muslim dominated areas across Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister
Akhilesh Yadav announced on Wednesday.
"At a meeting with Moallim-e-Urdu Welfare Association,the
CM announced he will set up Urdu medium schools in Muslim
dominated areas to promote the language," Samajwadi Party
spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said.
Akhilesh, who met the delegation at 5, Kalidas Marg, his
official residence, said knowledge of Urdu language would help
people get jobs and budgetary adjustments would be made for
providing technical education in Madarsas.\
The CM said the state government would create pressure on
the Centre for implementation of recommendation of Rangnath
Mishra commission and Sachar committee report.
He said recommendations which could be fulfilled by the
state government would be implemented at the earliest.
On the issue of reservation to Muslims, he said in the
light of Sachar committee report considering them to be most
backward in terms of socio-economic and education point of
view separate reservation would be given on the basis of
populations like Dalits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say