Urge for change in people of UP visible, says Amit Shah
Lucknow: The urge for change in the people of Uttar Pradesh is visible, BJP general secretary and party in-charge of UP Amit Shah on Thursday claimed and attacked the ruling Samajwadi Party for extending support to the UPA government.
The Modi confidant claimed after his meetings with party workers here that he has come to the conclusion that there was "displeasure among people against UPA and ruling SP in the state, and "urge of change in people was visible in UP".
Holding SP and BSP responsible for the "misdeeds of UPA", Shah said had these parties not extended their support, the people would have got rid from the "misrule" long time back.
When asked about the possibility of Modi contesting Lok Sabha polls from Lucknow or any other district of the state, Shah said,"till now no candidate for Lok Sabha has been declared and no time limit has been fixed for the same."
The BJP leader said, "it was certain that BJP would form the next government at the Centre, and its foundation would be laid in UP, and its way would be paved from Lucknow."
Alleging scam to the tune of Rs 12 lakh crore during the UPA regime, Shah said the UPA government has failed on all fronts, be it checking price rise, internal security or corruption.
When asked about the chances of rise of communal forces in UP in case of Modi`s rise, and his appointment as state`s in-charge, Shah said,"the way SP government was withdrawing cases of terrorists, communalism had already taken its roots."
"There is anger among common man against the way in which the state government is withdrawing cases of terrorists," Shah claimed.
On a question regarding Modi`s visit to the state, Shah said,"no time has been fixed for the same."
Shah avoided questions on LK Advani`s, saying, "it was a closed chapter now".
On the issue of Ram temple he said,"the party had never left the issue."
Ruling out possibility of a Third Front, Shah said that
country`s politics have become bipolar and there was no chance of third front in it.
"The country`s politics have become bipolar and there is no chance for third front in it," Shah said in reply to a question related to JD (U) displeasure over Modi`s elevation.
To a question related to criminal cases against him, Shah said that he had only one case (Sohrabuddin encounter) against him and there were not a single case of even abusing anyone against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Indian aid worker kidnapped in Afghanistan released
- Turkey will adhere to democratic principles, rule of law: Deputy PM
- Hallmark, ISI Mark, BEE Label –Know which certification marks are important for products you buy
- Sonam Kapoor in awe of Anamika Khanna, stuns in beige drape- Pic you cannot miss!
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! When The Great Khali crushed two opponents in under a minute!