US student molested in Lucknow, three held
Lucknow: Three youth have been arrested for molesting an American student who had to jump off a moving auto rickshaw to save herself, police said.
The student had boarded a tempo in Tuliaganj late Saturday. After all the passengers de-boarded the vehicle at different places, the tempo driver, along with his two friends molested the girl.
The US national, who lodged a complaint with the police Sunday said, the trio molested her for over 20 minutes and as she tried to raise an alarm they raised the volume of the music in the vehicle.
She also noted the number of the tempo and conveyed it to the police.
The police was reluctant to lodge a case and instead told the victim that they will "help her". She, however, said she would not settle for anything less than a formal complaint to be registered.
Following this, the police lodged a complaint and arrested tempo driver Veeru and his friends Rajan and Ayush.
The girl is a US citizen and studies at an institute on Gokhaley Marg and lives in a rented flat at Indiranagar. The victim also told the police that she had to jump off the moving vehicle when it slowed down near Qaiserbagh in order to save herself from the trio.
Shiva Shukla, women police station in-charge, said the trio would be paraded before the victim Monday for identification.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi