US woman stabbed to death by estranged husband in Agra
Agra: A 35-year-old US woman has been allegedly stabbed to death by her estranged autorickshaw driver husband here after which he committed suicide, police said on Friday.
Bunty (32), the autorickshaw driver, killed his American wife Arianne Willinger (35) following a quarrel and later committed suicide by setting himself afire in his room last night, suffering serious burn injuries, SSP Shalabh Mathur said.
Bunty had met Willinger when she visited Agra in July last year. They got married in a court on October 11 and started living together in the Shaheed Nagar Colony of the city, police said.
But soon differences between them surfaced and the two started living separately, Arianne living in Tajganj and Bunty in Sanjay Nagar, Ukkarra.
Following their estrangement, Arianne reported the matter to the Tourism police and a case was registered with the Family Court.
However, it is said the two kept meeting each other.
Yesterday Bunty took Arianne out in his autorickshaw to Tucker Road. After reaching a lonely spot, he attacked her with a knife several times on her face and other body parts, killing her on the spot.
He later threw the body on the roadside and went back to his room and committed suicide.
Police said the blood-stained knife with which Arianne had been attacked had been recovered and the bodies sent for postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees