US woman stabbed to death by estranged husband in Agra
Agra: A 35-year-old US woman has been allegedly stabbed to death by her estranged autorickshaw driver husband here after which he committed suicide, police said on Friday.
Bunty (32), the autorickshaw driver, killed his American wife Arianne Willinger (35) following a quarrel and later committed suicide by setting himself afire in his room last night, suffering serious burn injuries, SSP Shalabh Mathur said.
Bunty had met Willinger when she visited Agra in July last year. They got married in a court on October 11 and started living together in the Shaheed Nagar Colony of the city, police said.
But soon differences between them surfaced and the two started living separately, Arianne living in Tajganj and Bunty in Sanjay Nagar, Ukkarra.
Following their estrangement, Arianne reported the matter to the Tourism police and a case was registered with the Family Court.
However, it is said the two kept meeting each other.
Yesterday Bunty took Arianne out in his autorickshaw to Tucker Road. After reaching a lonely spot, he attacked her with a knife several times on her face and other body parts, killing her on the spot.
He later threw the body on the roadside and went back to his room and committed suicide.
Police said the blood-stained knife with which Arianne had been attacked had been recovered and the bodies sent for postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened