Uttar Pradesh: 18 killed in road accident
Bulandshahar: Eighteen people were killed and over two dozen injured when an Uttarakhand Roadways bus collided with a mini-truck at Lakahooti area on Thursday, police said.
The accident occurred when the bus, on its way to Haldwani town of Uttarakhand from here, collided head-on with the mini-truck, carrying people back from Garhmukteshwar after performing last rites of a deceased at river Ganga, they said.
The injured have been admitted to a government hospital, they said, adding that investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS