Uttar Pradesh: 40-year-old woman gang-raped by 10 men
Bareilly: A 40-year-old Dalit woman was allegedly gang-raped by 10 persons who committed the crime after assaulting and overpowering her husband and son in the Cantonment area here, police said on Thursday.
The incident took place late last night when the family, while returning from its field, was overpowered by the accused hiding in a jungle, it said.
The accused tied the victim`s husband and son and gang-raped her. They assaulted the family members on resistance, police said.
The medical report of the woman today confirmed rape.
Senior Superintendent of Police J Ravindra Gaud said an FIR has been lodged against 10 persons in this connection.
He said he has directed action against personnel of the Cantt police station, who allegedly did not take any action after getting information about the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh