Uttar Pradesh: 40-year-old woman gang-raped by 10 men
Bareilly: A 40-year-old Dalit woman was allegedly gang-raped by 10 persons who committed the crime after assaulting and overpowering her husband and son in the Cantonment area here, police said on Thursday.
The incident took place late last night when the family, while returning from its field, was overpowered by the accused hiding in a jungle, it said.
The accused tied the victim`s husband and son and gang-raped her. They assaulted the family members on resistance, police said.
The medical report of the woman today confirmed rape.
Senior Superintendent of Police J Ravindra Gaud said an FIR has been lodged against 10 persons in this connection.
He said he has directed action against personnel of the Cantt police station, who allegedly did not take any action after getting information about the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks