Uttar Pradesh: Armyman held for killing three of a family
Lucknow: An armyman was arrested in Uttar Pradesh`s Chanduali district for killing three members of a family, including a teenager, following a verbal duel, police said Saturday.
Dharmendra Tiwari shot dead his three neighbours Friday night in Devdhil village, some 350 km from Lucknow.
"The jawan had heated arguments with the three over some petty issue while he was going somewhere," police inspector Sanjay Singh said.
"Armed with a gun, Dharmendra later returned along with his brother and challenged his neighbours to come out of the house. As the three came outside, Dharmendra shot at them, killing them on the spot," he added.
Though Tiwari managed to escape after the incident, he was later arrested on the outskirts of the village.
Tiwari is posted in Assam, and came to his native village a few days ago on a leave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog