Uttar Pradesh: Armyman held for killing three of a family
Lucknow: An armyman was arrested in Uttar Pradesh`s Chanduali district for killing three members of a family, including a teenager, following a verbal duel, police said Saturday.
Dharmendra Tiwari shot dead his three neighbours Friday night in Devdhil village, some 350 km from Lucknow.
"The jawan had heated arguments with the three over some petty issue while he was going somewhere," police inspector Sanjay Singh said.
"Armed with a gun, Dharmendra later returned along with his brother and challenged his neighbours to come out of the house. As the three came outside, Dharmendra shot at them, killing them on the spot," he added.
Though Tiwari managed to escape after the incident, he was later arrested on the outskirts of the village.
Tiwari is posted in Assam, and came to his native village a few days ago on a leave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch