Uttar Pradesh: Armyman held for killing three of a family
Lucknow: An armyman was arrested in Uttar Pradesh`s Chanduali district for killing three members of a family, including a teenager, following a verbal duel, police said Saturday.
Dharmendra Tiwari shot dead his three neighbours Friday night in Devdhil village, some 350 km from Lucknow.
"The jawan had heated arguments with the three over some petty issue while he was going somewhere," police inspector Sanjay Singh said.
"Armed with a gun, Dharmendra later returned along with his brother and challenged his neighbours to come out of the house. As the three came outside, Dharmendra shot at them, killing them on the spot," he added.
Though Tiwari managed to escape after the incident, he was later arrested on the outskirts of the village.
Tiwari is posted in Assam, and came to his native village a few days ago on a leave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months