Uttar Pradesh BJP discusses Lok Sabha poll strategy
Lucknow: The core committee of Uttar Pradesh BJP on Monday discussed its strategy and prospective candidates on all the 80 seats in the state for the upcoming Lok Sabha Election.
Besides deliberating on the political situation, the meeting also discussed names of prospective nominees for the coming Lok Sabha polls, BJP spokesman Vijay Pathak said.
The meeting was attended by all senior leaders, including state unit president Laxmikant Bajpai, leaders of BJP in both the houses of the state legislature Hukum Singh and Nepal Singh.
Former chief minister Kalyan Singh, who has not yet joined the party formally, was the special invitee in the meeting.
While discussing the state of affairs in the state, the BJP leaders said the power policy of the Akhilesh Yadav government was anti-people and they will oppose it through protests and dharna at district-level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok