Uttar Pradesh: Congress to hold public hearings on land acquisition
Lucknow: Adopting an aggressive stance on
the land acquisition, the Uttar Pradesh Congress on Tuesday said it
would organise public hearings across the state next month on
The public hearings will be held on June nine at all
tehsil headquarters in the state, Congress spokesman Subodh
During the exercise, the party would collect farmers`
complaints regarding land compensation and hand them over to
respective District Magistrates for redressal, he said.
Copies of these complaints would also be sent to the
the UPCC for follow up action, Srivastava said.
"Complaints of common people about illegal land
encroachment by BSP leaders will also be received during these
hearings," he said.
UPCC president Rita Bahuguna Joshi would herself
attend one such hearing in Bakshi Ka Talab area, the spokesman
The party planned to intensify its struggle on land
compensation for farmers in Bhatta Parsaul, he said.
The Congress was also firm on its demand for a
judicial probe into the Bhatta Parsaul episode, Srivastava
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal