Uttar Pradesh: Congress to hold public hearings on land acquisition
Lucknow: Adopting an aggressive stance on
the land acquisition, the Uttar Pradesh Congress on Tuesday said it
would organise public hearings across the state next month on
The public hearings will be held on June nine at all
tehsil headquarters in the state, Congress spokesman Subodh
During the exercise, the party would collect farmers`
complaints regarding land compensation and hand them over to
respective District Magistrates for redressal, he said.
Copies of these complaints would also be sent to the
the UPCC for follow up action, Srivastava said.
"Complaints of common people about illegal land
encroachment by BSP leaders will also be received during these
hearings," he said.
UPCC president Rita Bahuguna Joshi would herself
attend one such hearing in Bakshi Ka Talab area, the spokesman
The party planned to intensify its struggle on land
compensation for farmers in Bhatta Parsaul, he said.
The Congress was also firm on its demand for a
judicial probe into the Bhatta Parsaul episode, Srivastava
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video