Uttar Pradesh cop`s two murderers held in Mumbai
Mumbai: Two brothers, who killed a policeman and a college principal, were arrested in Mumbai Saturday by a joint team of Mumbai and Uttar Pradesh police, an official said. The two suspects opened fire on the police and were caught after a 30-minute chase.
A Mumbai Crime Branch official said the joint team with the Uttar Pradesh Special Task Force raided the hideout of the Rishikumar and Chandrakumar Rajpu and arrested them even as they opened fire.
The two accused had been hiding for about a month near Mankhurd in eastern Mumbai, said another official. The two have been taken to Uttar Pradesh on transit remand.
The two allegedly attacked Uttar Pradesh Police constable Ajay Yadav and shot him dead in Manipuri district in January.
They were arrested by Uttar Pradesh Police after the incident but later managed to escape while they were being taken to prison.
The raiding police team laid a trap for them in Mumbai and caught the duo after they fired one round each from their pistols. The policemen, however, refrained from shooting and caught them after a 30-minute chase.
Apart from the murder of the Uttar Pradesh policeman, the two were also wanted to stand trial in connection with the killings of college principal Rajveer Singh and a pharma shop owner Pawan Shakya in Mainpuri district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27