Uttar Pradesh govt reviews preparedness for drought-like situation
Lucknow: In view of a probable drought-like situation, Uttar Pradesh government on Thursday directed the senior officers, who have not sent their action plan, to submit it in next two days.
"Those divisional commissioners and district magistrates, who have not sent action plans for their districts keeping in view possibility of drought-like situation, should submit the same in next two days," Chief Secretary Alok Ranjan said during a review meeting.
He said that a target of re-boring 50 handpumps in each block has been fixed for which required funds have already been released.
Ranjan directed that necessary arrangements should be made regarding storage of animal feed, adequate water in ponds and pools for cattle and food-grain for the poor people.
He said special attention should be paid to sanitation and availability of medicines must be ensured to treat and check likely diseases.
The Chief Secretary said that for jobs creation in rural areas, MNREGA and other schemes should be implemented and jobs should be ensured to eligible persons.
He said power supply in rural and urban areas should be ensured as per the roster.
"An action plan for power supply for agriculture purposes must be prepared for probable drought situation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj