Uttar Pradesh govt reviews preparedness for drought-like situation
Lucknow: In view of a probable drought-like situation, Uttar Pradesh government on Thursday directed the senior officers, who have not sent their action plan, to submit it in next two days.
"Those divisional commissioners and district magistrates, who have not sent action plans for their districts keeping in view possibility of drought-like situation, should submit the same in next two days," Chief Secretary Alok Ranjan said during a review meeting.
He said that a target of re-boring 50 handpumps in each block has been fixed for which required funds have already been released.
Ranjan directed that necessary arrangements should be made regarding storage of animal feed, adequate water in ponds and pools for cattle and food-grain for the poor people.
He said special attention should be paid to sanitation and availability of medicines must be ensured to treat and check likely diseases.
The Chief Secretary said that for jobs creation in rural areas, MNREGA and other schemes should be implemented and jobs should be ensured to eligible persons.
He said power supply in rural and urban areas should be ensured as per the roster.
"An action plan for power supply for agriculture purposes must be prepared for probable drought situation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi