Uttar Pradesh IAF chopper crash death toll rises to seven
Lucknow: The death toll in the Indian Air Force (IAF) chopper crash in Uttar Pradesh`s Sitapur District rose to seven on Saturday.
The helicopter crashed on July 25 in the Atariya area of Uttar Pradesh`s Sitapur District while flying from Bareilly to Lucknow, when suddenly its fan broke over the village of Pandit Purva.
According to the eyewitnesses the chopper was about to fall on the village, but the pilot managed to take it beyond its boundaries, and thereby, saved many lives.
The crash claimed the lives of all seven people on board.
The police, fire brigade and another Air force chopper reached the spot for the rescue operation, but no one could be saved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief