Uttar Pradesh IAF chopper crash death toll rises to seven
Lucknow: The death toll in the Indian Air Force (IAF) chopper crash in Uttar Pradesh`s Sitapur District rose to seven on Saturday.
The helicopter crashed on July 25 in the Atariya area of Uttar Pradesh`s Sitapur District while flying from Bareilly to Lucknow, when suddenly its fan broke over the village of Pandit Purva.
According to the eyewitnesses the chopper was about to fall on the village, but the pilot managed to take it beyond its boundaries, and thereby, saved many lives.
The crash claimed the lives of all seven people on board.
The police, fire brigade and another Air force chopper reached the spot for the rescue operation, but no one could be saved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan
- BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016 : BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared at biharboard.bih.nic.in, www.biharboard.net
- US snubs Pakistan, says India's entry to nuclear club is not about arms
- Congress to hold legislature party meeting in Puducherry today, decision on CM candidate likely