Uttar Pradesh judges to train at Army management institute
Greater Noida: A batch of 30 judicial officers from Uttar Pradesh on Monday began their management skills programme at Army Institute of Management and Technology (AIMT) here in the first such course for judges at the institution.
Most of the 30 judicial officers who have joined the programme are civil judges, while some are additional judges and registrars.
"Over 1,000 judicial officers are to be trained at AIMT over the next two years," a release from the institute said here.
The six-day residential management development programme (MDP) is designed to cater to the needs expressed by judicial officers and hence entirely tailor-made for effective management of courts.
Among those who were present when the programme was inaugurated were Nagaland advocate general KN Balgopal, Ghaziabad district judge VC Gupta, Lucknow-based Institute of Judicial Training and Research additional director (training) Murtaza Ali and AIMT officiating director Sharad Goel.
Similar programme are held globally in the US and Australia, as also in Europe, but in India, the management of courts is a new sphere of study and interestingly there are no books available at present on the subject for Indian courts.
The participants in the programme will be exposed to select and focused aspects of judicial management of human resources, organisational behaviour, strategy, communications and use of information technology - all in Indian context, the release said.
The functioning of AIMT is supervised by the Army Welfare Education Society (AWES), which has so far established 120 Army Public Schools and 13 professional colleges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption