Uttar Pradesh judges to train at Army management institute
Greater Noida: A batch of 30 judicial officers from Uttar Pradesh on Monday began their management skills programme at Army Institute of Management and Technology (AIMT) here in the first such course for judges at the institution.
Most of the 30 judicial officers who have joined the programme are civil judges, while some are additional judges and registrars.
"Over 1,000 judicial officers are to be trained at AIMT over the next two years," a release from the institute said here.
The six-day residential management development programme (MDP) is designed to cater to the needs expressed by judicial officers and hence entirely tailor-made for effective management of courts.
Among those who were present when the programme was inaugurated were Nagaland advocate general KN Balgopal, Ghaziabad district judge VC Gupta, Lucknow-based Institute of Judicial Training and Research additional director (training) Murtaza Ali and AIMT officiating director Sharad Goel.
Similar programme are held globally in the US and Australia, as also in Europe, but in India, the management of courts is a new sphere of study and interestingly there are no books available at present on the subject for Indian courts.
The participants in the programme will be exposed to select and focused aspects of judicial management of human resources, organisational behaviour, strategy, communications and use of information technology - all in Indian context, the release said.
The functioning of AIMT is supervised by the Army Welfare Education Society (AWES), which has so far established 120 Army Public Schools and 13 professional colleges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur